Why Pests and Bugs are Attracted to the Attic
The attic is an area of your home that is dark, quite and used mostly for storage space. Homeowners are often unaware that pests are scurrying around in the attic. Pests are able to reproduce, nest and grow their colonies with little fear of being found out. As their family grows however, you might notice little noises in your attic. At first you might think you are just hearing things, but never take noises in your attic lightly. In fact, your attic is the one area of your home where regular pest inspections are a must. Spiders, wasps, rodents and a number of other pests can infest your attic for many months or even years at a time without raising suspicions of the homeowner. It is important to know what the signs of attic infestation are so you can get rid of them before the problem causes extensive damage or costs you a great deal in repairs.
8 Ways to Prevent a Pest Intrusion
- Don’t leave cat or dog food outside overnight.
- Don’t leave opened garbage bags outside at night.
- If you have a pet door, securely close it at night.
- Trim overhanging branches that provide easy access to your roof for squirrels and other wildlife.
- Secure your chimney with a cap.
- Cover foundation and attic vents with heavy-gauge, rustproof wire mesh.
- Check for any possible entries into your house and attic, then place specifically designed traps in strategic places.
- Seal off any entry holes.
If you think you may have rodent or pest in your attic, call Swift Pest Control Services immediately. Please, do not try to remove it on your own or seal off entry ways. These animals may seem harmless but they can carry diseases and pose a health risk to you and your family. We will safely asset your pest problem and prevent future infestations by making sure they do not have any re-entry points.
Call Swift Pest Control Services today for a rodent control plan tailored to your home!