West Nile Virus is a viral infection that’s transmitted to humans through mosquito bites. Here is a list of the most common symptoms that you might experience as a result of West Nile Virus.
A constant, nagging headache is one of the first symptoms that you might experience.
Fever is the body’s natural way of trying to fight infection.
8. Flu-like Symptoms
In the most cases of West Nile Virus infection, you will experience symptoms that mirror the flu: This includes the symptoms everybody knows pretty well, like a fever or night sweats, a stuffed nose, constantly aching throat and coughing. Most cases of West Nile Virus will manifest only with flulike symptoms and manage to resolve itself with a course or two of antibiotics.
Protect yourself and your family from mosquito bites
Use Insect Repellent
- Picaridin (known as KBR 3023 and icaridin outside the US)
- Oil of lemon eucalyptus (OLE)
- Para-menthane-diol (PMD)
Control Mosquitoes Outdoors
- Use screens on windows and doors. Repair holes in screens to keep mosquitoes outdoors.
- Stop mosquitoes from laying eggs in or near water.
- Once a week, empty and scrub, turn over, cover, or throw out items that hold water, such as tires, buckets, planters, toys, pools, birdbaths, flowerpots, or trash containers.
- Call a Professional
Swift Pest Control Services offers a Summer Protection Program that will control mosquitos in your yard all summer long. For more information about out Mosquito Treatments call us at (405) 887-9438.