Trends of hard surfaces such as wood, tile, vinyl and laminate are consistent in 2020. Hard surface manufacturers are continuing to push the replicate natural wood and stone flooring trends. Carpet is still the most popular flooring option and manufacturers are making advancements to produce never-before-seen carpet looks and trends.
Top 5 Flooring Trends
There are lots of flooring trends going on this year. If you’d like a glance at the 5 hottest flooring ideas, here’s a quick rundown.
- Wood-look flooring. This isn’t new but wood-look flooring in laminate, vinyl and ceramic tile has been popular for years now. In fact, it’s been the #1 flooring trend 2 years in a row.
- Waterproof flooring. For years, tile was really your only waterproof flooring option. But now you can purchase waterproof vinyl, laminate and even carpet. This new feature is a dream for busy homeowners, families and pet owners.
- Textured flooring. Its a classic hardwood look that you’ll see hand scraped, wire brushed and fully distressed floors in wood, laminate and more.
- Environmentally-responsible flooring. Beyond looks homeowners want to know where their floor came from. Using natural, renewable, recyclable and home-grown materials is a big hit.
- Blonde flooring. Gray is still big but blonde is just also in and it’s making a huge splash. Light, airy, blonde flooring works with just about any décor and instantly makes your room look bigger.
We want things to be easy to maintain. We’re busy doing life things and starting to care about how things are made and where they come from. The 2020 flooring trends have plenty of waterproof, recycled and American-made flooring options.